CATHOLIC YOUTH ORGANISATION
Aims & Objectives:
• To contribute to the spiritual and physical development of the church
• To pomote love, co-operation and mutual understanding among youths and other bodies in the church
• To encourage youths to share their spiritual gifts and social talents
• To project a common front through which we can foster one another
• To relate with other catholic youths by attending functions that brings us together
• To create a strong spirit of Christian fellowship among young people
• To ensure that the people of God and the custodians of the future of the church are united
- Church sanitation
- Charity visitations
- Workshops and seminars
- Skill acquisitions
- Cultural and sports festivals
- Youth retreat
- Annual youth week celebration
- World youth day celebration
Who can be a member?Young, active and vibrant men and women willing to serve God and the church
Patron Saint: St. Charles Lwanga
Slogan/Greeting: “For God and For Youth……………………Through Christ”
WE THE YOUTHS
“So remember your creator while you are still young before those dismal days and years come when you will say “I don’t enjoy life” Ecclesiastes 12:1.
The Catholic Youth Organization in Diocese of Mangochi (CYO) is a youth led organization established with the major objective of uplifting the spirituality of catholic youths and to inculcate into them, the church doctrines and teachings. We draw our inspiration from the life of our patron saint, Charles Lwanga who was one of the 22 Ugandan Martyrs who converted from paganism.
He inspired and encouraged his companions to remain chaste and fruitful. He was a vibrant youth and a true catholic. He protected his companions from the immoral acts and homosexual demands of the Babandan ruler, king Mwanga. Charles was sentenced to death along with his companions as they were considered a threat to the rule of the evil king Mwanga. He told his executioners that he was very glad to be dying for the faith.
He was burnt to death by Mwanga’s order on June 3rd, 1986. Pope Paul VI canonized Charles Lwanga and his companions on June 22nd, 1964. He is until this day known as St.CharlesLwanga, Patron saint of African Youths.